Beginner Yoga – Get Started On Your Holistic Wellness Journey!
Getting ready to take your first class?
Welcome! We are so happy that you’ve decided to join us at Hot For Yoga. A regular hot yoga and hot pilates practice will change your life in the most wonderful ways.
Never done hot yoga before? Not flexible? Afraid of the heat?
Don’t worry! Our classes are suitable for all levels.
We offer several classes that are open to beginners, no experience necessary – see our class descriptions for details. Before you come over, please review our Re-opening Guidelines.
Please be sure to arrive to your first class at least 15 min early so we can take care of registration and orientation. Once the teacher has stepped into the yoga room and class has begun, the door is locked and latecomers will not be admitted. For your own well being, and out of consideration for the rest of the class, we ask that you to return and take class another time, on time.
- Bring your Water, Mask, Mat, and Towel (mat-sized yoga towel or large bath or beach towel). All are required. We also have these items available for purchase.
- Dress in cool, comfortable clothes, like you’re going to the beach. Most folks wear running or biking shorts, and women wear a sports bra or fitted tank top.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first class. This gives us time for registration and orientation. Arriving early ensures a stress-free and relaxed beginning to your life long yoga practice.
- If you feel nervous, scared or a little intimidated, no problem, many people feel that way initially. Just don’t let it stop you from coming to class. Classes are designed for beginners, so know that with a little practice and experience, you’ll quickly feel right at home.
- Be sure that you’re well hydrated before coming to class. Drink plenty of water with electrolytes throughout the day. Good hydration supports the healthy function of all of your body’s systems, and it makes the heat feel comfortable rather than overwhelming.
- Do not come to class on an empty stomach, as this may cause a sudden drop in blood sugar level. Don’t have a full stomach. Eat just enough (or early enough) to keep your blood sugar level steady and to absorb stomach acid.
- Bikram Yoga is for everyone. To quote Bishnu Ghosh, “It’s never too late, you’re never too old, you’re never too sick, to start again from scratch.” Come to class, and with the guidance of your teacher, simply approach every posture to the best of your ability, and you will receive 100% benefit.
- Don’t think you have to get in shape before coming to class. That puts the cart before the horse! Come take your first class, and then take class as often as you possibly can, and you will quickly lose weight, get in shape, and feel absolutely wonderful.
- You will feel challenged by the yoga during class–everyone does. Always work to your edge, but listen to your body and your inner wisdom. As a beginner, pace yourself (it’s a long class!), and never be afraid to stand still or sit down if you need to. It’s normal, especially when you first get started, to feel dizzy, nauseated or lightheaded. It’s temporary, and as your body acclimates and detoxes, these sensations will disappear.
- Don’t compare yourself with others in the room. While it’s tempting to do so, know that every body is on his or her own journey.
- The super flexible person next to you might be coming to class for the mental benefits, to de-stress and to build strength. The guy in the corner who can’t touch his toes might be using yoga to prevent back surgery, needing to increase his mobility, flexibility and strength. You never know. When you focus on yourself, your postures, your breathing, your body, and your mind, your yoga journey has begun!
- Take your second class within 24 hours. The second class is the equivalent of 3 to 4 classes, and you will bypass much of the soreness you would experience otherwise.
- Make up your mind to take 10 classes as quickly as possible. Then no one has to tell you how good this yoga is for you. Your own personal experience will guide you.
- Remember, everyone had their very first Bikram Yoga class, even the people in the front row who have been coming for years. They make it look easy because they persevered, and you can too!
$49 for 1st Month for New and Local Students* and then only $99/month
(reg $119/mo) thereafter.
*residents of Greater Los Angeles area – ID required on first visit. Arrive at studio 15 minutes prior to your first class.
Yoga For Beginners Near Me
Once you have decided that you need to try yoga, the first question in your mind may be where to find yoga for beginners near me?
If you reside in Santa Clarita, look no further than Hot For Yoga.
From yoga for beginners to yoga for pros, we offer it all.
Each class is tailored to help you learn and grow.
Join Hot For Yoga in Santa Clarita to embark on a lifelong wellness journey!
Setting Goals For Yourself
Everyone has a different motivation for why they join yoga.
Whether you are someone eager to boost your health or an individual trying to find peace and balance in their life, yoga will help with it all.
Following are just some goals yoga will help you achieve:
- Strengthening muscles and tones
- Reliving pain
- Alleviating stress
- Improving balance and flexibility
- Aiding weight loss
Experience the countless benefits beginner yoga can have on your overall health! Book a session now.
Types Of Beginner Yoga Classes Near Me In Santa Clarita
You’ve set your goals. Now you need to know what type of yoga you want to pursue.
At Hot For Yoga, we offer multiple beginner yoga classes near me in Santa Clarita.
Choose from any of the Bikram Yoga 90, Express Yoga 60 and Vinyasa Flow classes throughout the schedule.
Find out more about the best style for you with Hot For Yoga!
Roll Out The Mat
Wear light and comfortable clothes, bring your water and mat, and you’re all set to begin!
After the first yoga session with Hot For Yoga, you’ll go through multiple feelings: exhaustion, soreness, hunger but most of all, you’ll feel empowered and ready to conquer the world.